The 2019 BC Archaeology Forum is fast approaching and we have over 100 registrants so far! Here is an update:
- The Program is full with 30 presentations and two round-tables. Link here.
- A list of hotels both near the Forum (3010 Sleil-Waututh Road, North Vancouver V7H 2V6), and near the Forum after-party (Waldorf Hotel) is provided. Please note, AirBNB is also a good option for accommodations. Link for hotels here.
- The Forum after-party will be held at the Waldorf Hotel Tiki Room located at 1489 East Hastings Street in Vancouver from 5 pm until 2 am. Food and beverages (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) will be available for purchase. There is comfortable seating and space for 140 conference attendees and their guests.
- We are still looking for sponsorship donations ($250.00) to cover expenses. Please send us your logo.
- A reminder that pre-registration is through Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bc-archaeology-forum-2019-tickets-71124101101. Please pre-register so we have an accurate count for coffee and lunch. We will also take registrations at the door on the day of the Forum.
If you have any questions, please correspond with our contacts:
Dr. Catherine Carlson firstname.lastname@example.org and
Dr. Sean P. Connaughton email@example.com
BC Archaeology Forum 2019 Details
- When: November 16, 2019 (Saturday)
- What Time: 8 am to 4:30 pm (registration 8 am – 8:45 am; Elders’ Welcome at 9 am).
- Lunch is part of the registration fee ($20/regular, $10/student, community n/c)
- Where: Tsleil-Waututh Nation Cultural and Recreation Centre, 3010 Sleil Waututh Road, North Vancouver, BC V7H 2V5
- Post-Meeting Festivities: Waldorf Hotel Tiki Room (5 pm-2 am)
- Organizing team: Catherine Carlson, Sean P. Connaughton, Evan Hardy, Walter Homewood, Ian Sellers, Karen Thomas, Ginevra Toniello