Full-Time Term Position (one-year term with a chance of renewal)
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
As a Tsleil-Waututh Nation (TWN) company, Inlailawatash’s unique combination of environmental, scientific, business and cultural expertise makes them the ideal partner for any project. Inlailawatash provides a range of cultural and renewable resource services to aboriginal and crown governments, communities, private-sector and non-profit organizations. Visit www.inlailawatash.ca for more details.
This exciting and dynamic position will help Inlailawatash build on its ten-year track record to become an industry leader in Aboriginal renewable resource management. The Renewable Resources Coordinator will work with Inlailawatash senior management to run and administer three renewable resources areas: sustainable fisheries, ecosystem-based forestry and clean energy development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver administration and management services to TWN commercial fishing activities and Salish Seas Fisheries Limited Partnership (a limited partnership between TWN, Musqueam and Tla’amin Nations).
- Support the development of feasibility studies and business plans for potential clean energy opportunities.
- Reinforce and assist with management of Inlailawatash’s ecosystem-based forest management, vegetation management and ecosystem restoration operations.
- Liaise with crown and First Nation governments around renewable resource permitting processes.
- Organize meetings, generate reports, craft communications, analyze legal documents and process invoices.
- Market Inlailawatash services, make presentations and interact with clients.
- Knowledge and understanding of, and respect for, First Nations history, culture, and socio-economic contexts; keen interest in working for an Aboriginal business. Previous experience working in a First Nations community and/or business is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business management, natural resource management or a related field. Master’s degree in a related field is an asset.
- Excellent writing and digital communication skills with a demonstrated ability to repeatedly produce complex and high-quality plans, reports and other written products with extreme attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated; takes initiative; able to work independently and with minimal supervision while, at the same time, able to work cohesively with a high-performance team.
- Financial analysis and business planning acumen.
- Knowledge of renewable resource industries including fisheries, forestry and/or clean energy is an asset.
Apply by sending your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in advance. Short-listed candidates will be contacted; others will be kept in our database for future consideration.