Service Area: Tree & Vegetation Management
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
Closing Date: Open until filled
Established by the Tsleil-Waututh Nation, Inlailawatash is an innovative and growing company that provides a range of natural and cultural resource services to diverse clients. The company has five service areas: Archaeology; Ecosystem Restoration; GIS; Mapping & Information Management; Renewable Resources; and Tree & Vegetation Management. By placing the respect of Aboriginal and environmental values as overarching priorities for our business, Inlailawatash is truly unique. Visit inlailawatash.ca for more details.
The Saw Operator (Tree & Vegetation Management) is assigned to multiple duties related to vegetation management and tree services work, including but not limited to:
- Working as part of vegetation management / utility arborist crews
- Providing line clearing and tree trimming for major electric utility company
- Providing urban forestry and tree services in residential, urban and parkland settings
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Removal / bucking / slashing / pruning of woody plants or trees in utility corridor, urban and parkland settings
- Basic to advanced use of chainsaws, pruning saws and related arborist equipment
- Assist with the maintenance and operation of Inlailawatash field equipment
- Attend safety meetings / training courses / professional development
- Accurately record work activities in a personal diary / journal for reporting purposes
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Proven experience with chainsaw operation preferred, but not essential (training provided)
- Valid driver’s license
- Level 1 First Aid preferred, but not essential (training provided)
- Ability to apply key safety principles to all work duties
- Proven track record for reporting for work on time with Personal Protective Equipment
- Willingness to learn and take direction from more than one crew supervisor
- Ability to work in a team environment, especially in relation to crew safety and well-being
- Honest and reliable, solid and dependable work record; demonstrate flexibility and cooperation.
Excellent career opportunities, including funded Apprenticeship Program to qualify as a Certified Arborist, and attractive benefits package offered with this role.
Apply by sending your cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Short-listed candidates will be contacted; others will be kept in our database for future consideration.