Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reports to: Senior Manager – Administration
Location: North Vancouver
About Us: Established by Tsleil-Waututh Nation, Inlailawatash is an innovative and growing First Nations owned company that provides a range of natural and cultural resource services to diverse clients. Established in 2004, Inlailawatash provides integrated cultural and renewable resource services to Indigenous and crown governments, utilities, private sector businesses, and non-profit organizations.
Based in səl̓ilwətaʔɬ/North Vancouver BC, we are comprised of natural resource, forestry, fisheries, archaeology, and GIS professionals, with knowledgeable field personnel who offer an exceptional combination of academic training, work experience, and project management skills. Prioritizing respect for Indigenous and environmental values throughout our business, Inlailawatash is truly unique.
Visit www.inlailawatash.ca for more details.
Job Summary: The role of the Bookkeeper is to maintain accurate financial records and ensure the efficient management of our financial operations with regards to Inlailawatash clients and staff. As an Experienced Bookkeeper, you will play a crucial role in contributing to the financial success of our innovative and sustainable projects.
- AR/AP, reconciling bills and invoicing.
- Coordinating payment of payroll
- Generating project profitability reports
- Creating journal entries for WIP
- Monitor and reconcile bank and credit card accounts.
- Maintaining prepaid and amortization schedule working papers
- Review project profitability after manager review
- Review, audit, analyze, and prepare financial statements/summaries.
- Provide accounting support to ILP where possible, overseeing and supporting quires.
- Additional task as it related to the role.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years of relevant financial experience, applying GAAP in day-to-day tasks. Openness to learning new professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Post-Secondary certification in accounting or related discipline.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and QuickBooks.
- Highly organized self-starter with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adaptive with tight deadlines, changing priorities and client requests.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Significant desk work with long periods of manual dexterity activities
- Occasional scanning and collating of financial documents.
- Occasional travel as required.
- Ability to synthesize complex and diverse information.
- Ability to remain calm, professional, objective, and constructive.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Must stick adherence to established GAAP, systems, and processes.
- Highly-developed ability to work under pressure.
- Dynamic environment with multiple demands, changing priorities and constant interruptions.
- Highly sensitive financial, legal, confidential, and political issues.
- Engagement with other departments. Limited interaction with clients, contractors, levels of government and First Nations.
- Occasional meetings outside normal office hours.
Travel: Although this position is primarily office based, there may be a portion of time spent traveling
Working Hours: 35-hour per week, overtime as required.
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible, willing to wait for the right candidate.
Compensation: $22-35/h CAD; Plus, Extended Health Benefits & Pension Plan
Apply by emailing your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use subject line: Bookkeeper - Last Name, First Name (e.g., Bookkeeper – Riviera, Peter).
Applicants of Indigenous ancestry are strongly encouraged to apply.
We thank you for your interest in advance. Short-listed candidates will be contacted; others will be kept in our database for future consideration.